Lodge Canongate Kilwinning No.2 – Organ Music
The Snetzler organ situated within the South recess of Chapel of St John was commissioned by the Lodge and installed in 1757. It is one of the very few organs of its type which survive today. It is in the same condition with its original pipes and mechanism as it was installed. The cassette tape is a recording of a recital of a selection of classical pieces from different composers and is played in the Lodge by the Late Dr Dennis Townhill who was formerly the Organist and Master of the Choristers, St Mary’s Cathedral, Palmerston Place, Edinburgh.